Furushiroyama Castle Ruins (Kakunodate Castle Ruins)
The ruins of a medieval castle which once stood, facing the north. Records can be tracked back to Moriyasu Tozawa being given an enfeoffment of 44,350 koku in 1590, but the castle itself is guessed to have stood as a mountain fortress from time before Tozawa. Ashina became the lord of the castle after Tozawa, and in 1620, when an order was given restricting castles to one per each domain, the castle was discarded.
|Contact Info||Semboku City Tourism Information Center "Kakunodate Ekimae-Gura": 0187-54-2700|
|Traffic access||Thirty minutes on foot from JR Kakunodate Station|